dedicated blogsite to Dave Wood's participatory poetry project in Northern Ireland. Started late August and finishing September 2004, it does a compare and contrast with previous visits 1988 - 1998. Also see www.sluggerotoole.com.

13 Dec 2004

more words about holywood - to be edited



by holywood
where sea forces coast
into dark angles
i take some photographs

and walk onto the wall
that strikes into the water

this is my time
ten minutes with the rocks
and wanderings of birds

the passing by of aeroplanes
that skirt the earth too close

this is my time
shells die beneath my feet
prove i am here
they sing no song
hum no words

and where the shingle rests
so does the jelly fish i find
i tip it to the water's edge

my lazy foot becomes a spoon
for such a beast

this is my time
(though never quite relaxed)
my eyes suck in the wide expanse
of green and black and blue and grey

my time

i capture it
with hasty camera click
move on

instead of standing
let whispers of the world soak deep