dedicated blogsite to Dave Wood's participatory poetry project in Northern Ireland. Started late August and finishing September 2004, it does a compare and contrast with previous visits 1988 - 1998. Also see www.sluggerotoole.com.

9 Sept 2004

poems from workshops

two poems using the word community to create an acrostic poem. the second poem came as a response to a series of questions and a tight format where I stated the amount of words to be used. this poem was created at Banbridge and will eventually be shifted to be part of the blog-diary for the area. The letter I put in just to say how things went.


Hi Dave,

firstly thanks so much for the workshop you facilitated today at Banbridge library. I was the one with the little boy who arrived late and had to go early, but my experience was a very positive one nonetheless.

Actually some of the material that came out of almost an hour was moving, thought provoking and comical too.

Thank you for all your efforts and I'm really glad I went along.

Here are my poems as requested.

Poem 1.

Crumbling, children dying.
Over the way - there are pens scratching
Matching the sounds to sighing
Making do.
United we stand - and fall
Nobel peace prizes, for it all
I've found my peace where there is gorse
Today believe it or not I rode a horse.
You and I all live and die and go back to our source.

Poem 2.

Ordinary of Feature.

Blank, bland, bare, bald.
It is Everywhere.
What makes you, Everywhere?
God's soul.

Blank, bland, bare, bold.
Black, brown, red.
What makes you?
Light and shadow, like you.
Exquisite.

What makes you, Everywhere?
Quasars, Neutrinos, Atoms, God
All natural energy
Change frequency for the better,
Free.