dedicated blogsite to Dave Wood's participatory poetry project in Northern Ireland. Started late August and finishing September 2004, it does a compare and contrast with previous visits 1988 - 1998. Also see www.sluggerotoole.com.

9 Sept 2004

Wednesday 1st September

With trusty dictaphone, I got the two interviews done. Jennifer was off, so I spoke to one of the men who had been with the musicians' collective since its first conception fourteen years ago. The interview will be transcribed at a later date but the gist is that the Nerve Centre on Magazine Street (just follow the walls...)was set up as a collaboration with the collective and the Film Festival. It's now a state of the art educational provider, cafe, internet access point, provider of performance and rehearsal space and has aincredibly busy schedule. It showcases both local, fesh and national established perfomers.

Best be quick - I have to follow the walls to the Verbal Arts Centre and get my new tape in. I hope my choking on one of their cakes isn't a bad omen for transcribing the chat. One thing taht did come out of the conversation was a view on Omagh. previously I'd said that I felt that the people of the area were 'just getting on with their lives'. My interviewee described the feeling of the people in Omagh as holding a painful tight kernel inside themselves. I hoep i've not paraphased this too heavily. I'll transcribe soon.